Following the recent acquisition by Kraken Robotics, PanGeo Subsea is expanding its services business and is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager with a successful track record in the offshore survey industry.
PanGeo is a market leader in marine geophysical, geotechnical service delivery in the offshore energy markets with an extensive track record in high-resolution 3D sub-seabed acoustic imaging.
Working as part of the Services Commercial Team the BDM will have the opportunity to work at the forefront of global offshore site investigation and technological advancements. You will enjoy a varied client base across all survey markets, including marine renewable energy, power and telecom, civil engineering, oil and gas, and defence. You will be involved in setting and driving the BD strategy, developing innovative commercially viable solutions for our global client base.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for talented and ambitious Sales professionals to make their mark in a growing business.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead business development activities to identify new business opportunities in both established and previously untapped markets
- Develop and lead sector and client business and marketing plans with a typical horizon of 1 to 5 years
- Maintain and update the CRM system capturing latest intel across all opportunities
- Support the maintenance of accurate sales forecast data, and provide updates at monthly meetings
- Analyse PanGeo’s client base to establish a common approach to retention and growth
- Undertake essential research to understand the business and drivers of sectors, customers, and potential opportunities and monitor competitors
- Develop pursuit/win plans for larger opportunities
- Develop value propositions and pricing strategies
- Build on an established network across PanGeo’s targeted sectors to identify tenders and promote orders.
- Engage customers to implement actions that position PanGeo with a differentiated advantage
- Ensure effective management of customer satisfaction surveys, making sure feedback supports technology and product development
- Prepare external communication programmes, customer engagement, and brand promotion that contributes to PanGeo’s growth objectives
- Organise and represent PanGeo at networking events
- Facilitate client targets events (Industry or PanGeo lead) to inform target audiences on PanGeo offerings and nurture client relationships
Desired Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- An appropriate business management or technical qualification is preferred
- Business development experience at a senior level within the industry
- Solid technical experience delivering geotechnical or geophysical services to operators and major contractors in the sector.
- Experience in building commercial relationships to help deliver improved service and innovation to the customer
- Existing network of contacts within our sectors (renewables, oil & gas, and defence environments) on a global basis is ideal
- International experience with a good understanding of cultural differences
- Detailed knowledge of marketing and business development
- Ability to seek and develop new relationships to achieve strategic business objectives
- Ability to convert client relationships into opportunities for the business
- Recognise changing market forces that impact our customers’ business
- Experience of CRM systems and Microsoft Office 365 applications
Preference is for the position to be based in Aberdeen, however consideration will be given to remote working, ideally centrally located to our clients, such as the UK or Netherlands.
PanGeo offers a competitive salary and benefits package, so join our employee-focused fast-paced forwarding thinking ocean technology company and help us shape the growth of the offshore renewable industry in a position that offers substantial room for personal and professional development.
If you are keen to take the initiative and impact a growing company, submit your CV, with the subject “BD Manager,” to firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about the company, please access our website www.pangeosubsea.com.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com