Based on recent contract awards and the acquisition by Kraken Robotics, PanGeo Subsea is expanding its services business and is seeking to hire additional Geoscientists/Geophysicists to work onshore and offshore.
PanGeo is a market leader in marine geophysical and geotechnical service delivery in the offshore energy markets with an extensive track record in high-resolution 3D sub-seabed acoustic imaging.
The position reports to the Aberdeen based Geoscience Manager and will provide Geoscience/Geophysical support to Client projects both onshore and offshore.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Project preparation and reporting onshore, as required, including drafting Survey Acquisition Plans (SAP) in accordance with Client requirements
- Assistance with the mobilisation and operation of PanGeo equipment
- Support project execution in accordance with project procedures and work instructions
- Data processing and data interpretation, including QA/QC of acquired data
- Liaising with the Geoscience Manager and Project Managers to ensure reporting standards are adhered to meet client deliverables
- Provide input to project case studies
- Contribute to improving existing techniques and processes for data acquisition and data processing to improve efficiency
- Provide input to relevant departmental processes and procedures needed for Geoscience team
Desired Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- A degree in geology or geophysics
- Previous experience in marine geophysical survey techniques
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst prioritising workload to meet demands
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Focus on continuous learning with geophysical training, new software programs, and internal knowledge
- Ability to work offshore as needed, with valid safety training, medical, and offshore certifications
- Familiar with Safety Management systems
- Excellent general computer skills, including Microsoft Office 365 applications
- Excellent knowledge of English (both written and verbal)
Preferred Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- Offshore seismic and geomagnetic survey experience
- Experience with the use of seismic processing software, OpendTect, OasisMontaj, GIS software; Linnux OS and Microsoft operating software is considered an asset
- Experience of ROV/TROV geophysical surveys would be considered an asset
Preference is for the position to be based in the UK, Canada, or the USA, however consideration will be given for remote working, provided applicants live within two hours of a major international airport. Applicants must be willing to travel globally for this role.
PanGeo offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an internationally recognized innovative technology company. If you are interested in a position that will support your personal and professional development, while also supporting company growth, PanGeo Subsea is the right place for you.
We would be interested in hearing from recent graduates who are looking to start a career in the offshore industry. If you are a candidate that has a minimum of BSc in geophysics or similar geoscience field and would be willing to attend training and other learning opportunities that would lead towards the role of Geoscientist, please send along your CV as well.
Interested candidates are asked to please submit your CV, with the subject “ Geoscientists/Geophysicists,” to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7th January 2022.