PanGeo Subsea (Aberdeen) are pleased to announce that we are now based at Custom House, 35 Regent Quay, Aberdeen. This beautiful A listed 3 storey and basement granite Georgian townhouse overlooking the harbour was built in 1771 by wealthy landowner, James Gordon of Cobairdy. Originally a private mansion house, the property became the official Aberdeen Customs House around 1892. The Customs and Excise board played an important role in the maritime life of Aberdeen throughout the 19th and 20th centuries, protecting the interests of the city through the control of imported and exported goods.
The harbour at Aberdeen accounts for the city’s prosperity representing a key to its history. Development of Aberdeen Harbour gathered momentum from the late 18th Century when the physical restrictions caused by the shallow depth of the Dee estuary became problematic for increasingly heavy trade.
If only they had the use of PanGeo’s technology at that time, they could have quickened the development of the Shiprow quayside into the terraces that ultimately became Regent Quay!
35 Regent Quay